Black is the New Black

Forget Orange is the New Black! This summer a staple piece in your wardrobe should include some black. Perhaps the oh so popular 90’s grunge is making a comeback. It has never been so cool and acceptable to wear ALL black before, so take advantage ladies! Coco Chanel has said it all along, “Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.”

Not only is an all black outfit super chic, it’s BEYOND easy to put together. If you have a hard time

A little black dress paired with a bright blue bracelet is the perfect summer outfit

picking out an outfit, a simple black dress will do the trick. Maybe black is a little too boring for you. In this case a bright red or pink lipstick will add a nice pop of color. A colorful shoe or jewelry would also be a nice way to accessorize. Chances are you will look more put together and elegant. Black is known for being a depressed color, a color worn at funerals. Belgian fashion designer Ann Demeulemeester thinks the opposite. “Black is not sad. Bright colors are what depresses me. They’re so… empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not.”

In my own wardrobe, I personally own a lot of black and white pieces. Everyone in my life knows that I will most likely be wearing something black. This is for a couple of reasons. 1.) Black can be worn in any season. It is TIMELESS. There is nothing worse than having to spend money every season because something goes out of style. 2.) With being a ginger I obviously have pale skin. Black looks good on any skin tones. (It also doesn’t clash with my hair color.) Lastly number 3, it is a fact that black is the most fashionable color. You will 100% look as if you just got off the runway. Très Chic!

karl on black

What are you waiting for?! Stop watching Orange is the New Black and put yourself in an all black outfit! Have a chic summer wardrobe.

xoxo,

Emma

Recommended Posts