As the finishing touches are being prepared for the show, the Executive Board and models are anxiously awaiting the debut of this student-run style show! In case you were curious, here are a couple of ‘fun facts’ to expect for this year’s show!
- The segments are all historic-based, segments highlighting figures: Abe Lincoln and Laura Ingalls Wilder, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Charles Lindbergh and Amelia Earhart, John F. Kennedy and Jackie Onassis, and Barack and Michelle Obama!
- Uniquely this year, the gala reception hour is BEFORE the 8:00pm Style Show. In year’s prior, the gala followed the show, but this year the Executive Board wanted people to mingle and eat before the 8:00pm show. The Gala hour starts at 6:30pm.
- Staging for the show has refreshingly been changed into an ‘X-shape’ this year to mix it up compared to shows in year’s prior in which the runway was a single, straight runway.
- Most of the vintage decorations featured within the show are from the Executive Board and collected through their family!
- Executive Board’s Marketing Team has been working to establish connections through the community to educate local businesses of the show. For the past two weekends, Marketing has been promoting the show at the Midland Mall in order to increase community involvement for the show!
The Style Show Executive Board and models are excited for you to come travel back in time and explore key fashions from each historic time period. On behalf of Style Show, I welcome all to attend, and appreciate all of the hand-picked fashions and individually-crafted decor. We can’t wait for you to come make history with us!
Tickets can be purchased online under the ‘Pricing’ tab and be sure to check us out on all social media outlets under NU StyleShow!