DeVos’s – 20 Major Milestones in 20 Years
On October 19, 2013 NU family and friends gathered system wide to commemorate the DeVos Graduate School’s 20th anniversary—including its top accomplishments.
- Classes began in Michigan with 63 students starting their MBA studies in Midland, Lansing, and Troy.
- Received a significant grant from the Richard and Helen DeVos Foundation allowing the establishment of the Richard DeVos Graduate School of Management. As Dr. DeVos explained, the purpose of the gift was “to perpetuate the education of business leaders with an understanding of democratic and compassionate capitalism.”
- Business Week listed the Northwood MBA program as one of the “Top 20 Executive Programs in the Country.”
- The Automotive Hall of Fame building was remodeled to house the Richard DeVos Graduate School of Management.
- DeVos programming expanded to include a full-time MBA program.
- Launched first corporate-centered MBA program with the Hantz Group.
- Launched a partnership with Dow Chemical providing the DeVos MBA for their future leaders.
Took the full-time MBA program across the Atlantic to beautiful Montreux, Switzerland.
- The Richard & Helen DeVos Foundation provided yet another generous gift to build state-of-the art facilities to house future MBA programming on our residential campuses and to remodel and upgrade our flagship Michigan facility.
- Developed and launched a Dealership Executive MBA program.
- Began offering the MBA program on the Cedar Hill, Texas campus.
- Developed and launched the Automotive Aftermarket MBA.
- Began offering the MBA program on the West Palm Beach, Florida campus.
- Expanded our Michigan presence to include Grand Rapids as an MBA location.
- Built new learning spaces in the Lansing and Troy, Michigan locations.
- Added the Weekend MBA option at all locations.
- The Graduate School gained expanded authority from our accrediting body to offer additional, business-related master’s degrees.
- Developed and launched online Master of Science in Organizational Leadership.
- Developed and launched the Executive MBA for GM dealers and field employees.
- We are thrilled to have over 2,000 alumni.
About Northwood University
Northwood University is committed to the most personal attention to prepare students for success in their careers and in their communities; it promotes critical thinking skills, personal effectiveness, and the importance of ethics, individual freedom and responsibility.
Private, nonprofit, and accredited, Northwood University specializes in managerial and entrepreneurial education at a full-service, residential campus located in mid-Michigan. Adult Degree Programs are available in multiple states and online. The DeVos Graduate School offers accelerated, evening and weekend programming in Michigan and Texas. The Alden B. Dow Center for Creativity and Enterprise provides system-wide expertise in family enterprise, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and new business development. International education is offered through study abroad and in Program Centers in China (Changchun and Wuxi), Malaysia and Sri Lanka.