Meet TLC Tutor, Sarah!

Name: Sarah Alspaugh

How long have you been a TLC Tutor: First year

Major: Accounting Major in the Accelerated BBA/MBA program

Home town: Hastings, Michigan

Year in School: Senior

Dream Job: My dream job is either to be an audit partner in a CPA firm or work for the FBI as a Forensic Accountant.

TLC: Other than a student, and a tutor, are you involved in anything else on campus?

You: In addition to being a tutor, I am also heavily involved with campus life. I am the CFO for the 2017 Northwood University International Auto Show. Also, I am the secretary for the Honorary Accounting Society of NU (HASNU) and participate in Business Professionals of America and Student United Way.

TLC: Do you feel your experience as a tutor has been beneficial to you?

You: Being a tutor has been unequivocally beneficial to me! By helping other to understand concepts, I have been given the opportunity to not only refresh my understanding of the concepts, but also cement my knowledge.

TLC: Would you recommend working at the TLC to your friends?

You: I would definitely recommend working at the TLC! We have flexible hours, and it’s great to know you are making a positive impact on the education of your peers!

TLC: Sarah hit the ground running in her first semester at the TLC. She won the prize for most students tutored during our drop in hours this past fall! Fortunately for us, she plans to continue to tutor at the TLC while pursuing her MBA.