Patience in the Family Business

Northwood Junior, Jimmy Crosswell has spent his summer selling cars at his family’s dealership, Taylor Chrysler Dodge Ram.
Jimmy started working for the store when he was 14 but, this is his first summer being able to sell cars. He has loved being able to take
advantage of this experience. Jimmy cannot wait to take what he has learned during his internship and apply it to his classes at
Norhwood. We asked Jimmy a few questions about his internship, here is what he had to say!

1. What is your major?  Automotive Marketing and Management
  2. What student organization are you involved with on campus? I am in Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
  3. How did you get involved with this opportunity? I have been working at this particular dealership since I was about 14 and this summer I was presented the opportunity to be a salesman.
  4. What were some of the most important things you learned during this experience? I have learned so many things about being a salesman and the car dealership but one of the biggest things that I’ve learned from this experience is patience, patience in customers and the banks and many other things.
  5. How will you apply this experience to your future education and career? Everything that I’ve learned this summer will help me with learning more and more at the dealership until one day I can hopefully own my own dealership and it will all stem from this summer of being a salesman and learning the things that I have learned.
  6. Why do you think it is important for students to have these types of experiences while they are in school? If a student doesn’t have different diverse opportunities during school then they will not be prepared for the world after school.
  7. What was the highlight of the experience for you?  The highlight of my experience was selling cars to the many happy customers that I have made over this summer.
  8. Anything else we should know about this experience? It was an amazing experience and I can’t wait to be a salesman again next summer and then move on from there until one day I own my own dealership.