Meet DECA E-Board Student Government Association Representative

We met up with DECA E-Board Student Government Association Representative, Nicholas Freeman and here is what he had to say:

What is your class year?

Class of 2019, Junior

What is your major?

Advertising and Marketing

How many years have you been in DECA?

This is my 5th Year in DECA

What campus organizations are you involved in apart from DECA and your leadership positions in them if any?

I am the Auto Show Gala Chair apart of Northwood Signature Events Team, I am a member of Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity, and Mock Trial.

What do you hope to accomplish in DECA during the 2017-18 school year?

This year during DECA I plan on taking 1st in my Role play event and traveling to internationals and coming home with some hardware.

Why do you think it is important to be involved in groups like DECA at Northwood?

It’s important to be active and involved with organizations like DECA at Northwood because of all the connection and people you get to meet. In the Business world the most important thing is who you know not what you know. Going to competition and meeting students from other universities and expanding your network base is why it’s so important to be involved with groups like DECA at Northwood University.

What has been the highlight of your DECA career so far?

When hearing Northwood University name being called at the award ceremony knowing that we bring some of the most well-educated and outspoken business talent to these competitions.

What us your favorite part about DECA?

Going to different high schools setting up Mock competitions and improving their DECA chapters, and then when the students are texting me and letting me know how they did after their competition at States.